Its purpose is the protection and development of trade and industry, in its region, within the framework of the development of the national economy. Provides services, as indicated below:
• Keeps registers of commercial, industrial and export enterprises. Maintains the General Electronic Commercial Register (GEMI).
• Carries out and receives trade missions, organizes events, conferences, workshops, seminars and business meetings, with the aim of promoting trade and strengthening economic relations between the countries.
• Monitors trade and industry developments at local, European and international level and informs its members.
• Welcomes requests of its members and intervenes in the competent state bodies for their resolution.
• Provides free variety of electronic services to its member companies, such as digital signatures, business staffing services.
• Participates in European Programs to strengthen entrepreneurship and employment and promotes innovation through the operation of the Athens Incubator-THEA operating from 16/01/2014 until today.
• Signs Memoranda of Cooperation with Universities, Research Centers and local Authorities, in order to promote Research, Technology and Innovation.
• Promotes and supports alternative dispute resolution, such as Institutional Arbitration and Mediation, with an Arbitration Court acting in its seat, a Mediation Center, and an Institute for the Training and Promotion of Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods.